Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shoulda, coulda, woulda

Tonight I should have gone to the comedy club. I was out the last two nights, one performing and one just watching, so I felt this week has been okay on that. Tonight would have just been watching again so it was easier to pass up. But I have to ask myself if I am going to ever make the commitment to it that it deserves. If I'm so sure that I can make a mark for myself as a comedian (not necessarily world wide fame, but...) then I'm going to have to suck it up at some point and keep going out every night. Just like the rest of them. Sure no money is the easy excuse, but if that's the plan then I may be in trouble as money problems don't look like they're going anywhere soon. At least I got two more stories for my book done today, so the day wasn't an entire waste. I figured out what I need to do each day to make my deadline and it's really not so daunting. Of course, if I don't keep up with my pace, it could become very daunting and that could lead to more procrastination or, horror of horrors, never getting it done. Luckily, that's not an option as others are now involved. So I'll try to focus on that positive and not regret staying home.

No comments: