Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday outing

Today I went to an art gallery that had paintings that were done by animals from the zoo. The elephants showed a great sense of stroke while the orangutan was quite proficient with the paint pens. It was really pretty neat and the proceeds that came from the sales were put towards a zookeepers' conference that is happening later this year. I was told about it by a woman I am seeing and we had a good time. By good fortune, one of the zookeepers from Woodland Park Zoo happened to come in while we were there and he gave us a very detailed explanation for how the exhibit came to be. Very informative. And not a bad way to spend a Saturday. I did wonder what the gallery thought about being located right next to a gentleman's club. Two completely different clienteles I suppose.

No comments: